Wire Diverter Automatic Pool Cleaner made by Pentair K121620
The wire diverter kit is used on the following automatic pool cleaners:
- E-Z Vac
- Kreepy Kadet
- Kreepy Krauly
The Diverter wire is pre-bent for installation into 1 1/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch return line openings.Note the 45 degree bend in ﬁgures 1 and 2.
To customize the wire diverter to ﬁt pool returns smaller than 1 1/4 inches:
- l. With a pair if pliers, bend the wire as shown in ﬁgure 3.
- 2. Bend the wire tip ( 1/2 inch from its end) upward 45 degrees as shown in ﬁgure 4.
To install Diverter
NOTE: IF NO EYEBALL FITTING IS PRESENT SKIP TO STEP NUMBER 3 (FLUSH CUT PIPE INSTALLATION).
- 1. Remove the threaded ring and eyeball. Leave the threaded bushing in place in the return line as shown in ﬁgure 5.
- 2. Insert the diverter wire fully into the return line, making sure to lift the diverter cap to rest onto the top of the threaded busing as shown in ﬁgure 6. With the pliers, tap the end of the diverter cap to seat the wire until the diverter feels secure. You may also twist the cap side to side as you tap its end to get a more secure ﬁt.
FLUSH CUT PIPE INSTALLATION
- 3. Insert the diverter wire fully into the return line, with the pliers, tap the end of the diverter cap to seat S the wire until the diverter feels secure.