Hasa Hi-Temp Spa pH Decreaser Down 3lb Sodium Bisulfate Lowers Water pH and Alkalinity 91123
Alkalinity and pH adjustments are necessary to maintain a chemical balance so that sanitizers such as chlorine will act efficiently to provide a healthy bathing environment, free from bacteria and algae. Decreases spa water alkalinity and pH to maintain that proper balance. Proper ranges of alkalinity and pH will provide the most comfortable spa usage by reducing eye, skin irritation and damage to your spa surface or your spas equipment caused by acidic conditions. A proper pH range is between 7.2 and 7.8; a proper alkalinity reading should be between 100 and 120 ppm.
Hasa Hi-Temp Spa pH Decreaser Down 3lb 91123 Directions:
When pH is above 7.8:
- Before using any water treatment chemicals, check to ensure all spa equipment is working properly, including pump, filter, skimmer and heater.
- Check pH level. Correct pH range for spa water is 7.2-7.8 with 7.5 being ideal.
- Add HASA HI-TEMP SPA pH DECREASER at a rate of 1 ounce per 625 gallons of spa water by broadcasting granules over water surface.
- Operate recirculation pump during Hi-Temp Spa pH Decreaser addition and for at least one (1) hour thereafter to ensure uniform chemical distribution in water.Do Not Add Hi-Temp Spa pH Decreaser to a freshly plastered spa.
- Recheck pH the following day. Repeat procedure, if necessary, and check again, until pH is within desired range between 7.2-7.8
For newly-filled spas or hot tubs, several treatments may be necessary to obtain correct pH.Proper spa maintenance includes changing spa water. For an estimate of proper water life follow the formula below:Divide the gallons in your spa by 3 times the average number of bathers per day.Example: 375 gallon spa – 1 person x 3 = 3375/3=125 (change water every 125 days)